Puerto Vallarta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_drum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is the diving fair in PV? I dove there about 10 years ago with Chicos Dive shop. I don't remember them being good or bad, but I remember the vis being absolutely crappy. I think it was February, and the whales were still there, which meant lots of plankton... I should have known the vis was not going to be good. However, I am going to be down there in about a month, wondered if the vis gets any better?

Anyone?

I've only been in January, but I hear the water is much warmer and the viz tends to be a lot better in summer. Still, I managed to dive with a manta ray circling us for 15 minutes in 20ft vis in January, so vis certainly isn't the only thing that matters in enjoying your dive.

If you’re going to be there already, it’s definitely worth diving. The times I’ve been (spread throughout the year), viz was always at least 20 feet, which is awesome to an Oregon diver. I had a couple of very bad experiences with Chicos while I was there, go to either Banderas Scuba Republic or PV Sea Dive, both much better operators.

I just got back (dove on April 8,2014), and we had one dive with poor viz and one dive with some of the best viz i've had... ever! That was near Los Arcos. There is a wall that drops off sharply. We dove with PVSEA Dive and LOVED it. They were great. Sue, Sue, and Marc were all really laid back. They also gave me some tips (which i always love!) Anyway, from what I understand (Sue says) it changes dramatically daily. No plankton... some jellyfish though at the surface. Better to be under anyway :)

Jellyfish will likely continue to increase into May...that seems to be their big bloom. Mainly just nuisance ones, but a DM there told me he had a student get zapped by a Man o' War near Los Arcos about a week before our trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added April 12th, 2014 at 11:49 PM ----------

My profile pic with the iguana was from PV, by the way. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get with Sue from PV Sea Dive, she runs an outstanding operation. I did 3 days of diving with her late last summer and I will be diving with her again in a few weeks. Sue has a nice small boat and you get personal service.

SCUBA diving tours & Padi certification Puerto Vallarta

and she also has a Facebook page under PV Sea Dive.

Eric

I spent 40 days during Chritmas time and did 14 dives. Viz was crapy and not much to see underwater. Dont waist your time diving PV.

Envoyé de mon SM-T310 en utilisant Tapatalk

Get with Sue from PV Sea Dive, she runs an outstanding operation. I did 3 days of diving with her late last summer and I will be diving with her again in a few weeks. Sue has a nice small boat and you get personal service.

SCUBA diving tours & Padi certification Puerto Vallarta

and she also has a Facebook page under PV Sea Dive.

Eric

Well, we signed up for a single day with Sue from PV Sea Dive. From the emails we have swapped, it sounds like it is going to be a fun day. I'll post results when I get back, it is coming up in a couple of weeks!

Awesome!!! Sue will treat you right. I'll be there in two weeks, when are you going?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom