Puerto Vallarta UnderRated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CO_SKI_MANIAC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just an FYI to all that are interested in Diving in Puerto Vallarta. I heard alot of people say the PR was not the best diving spot to go. Its definelty not Carribean, but if you are inthe area check it out...I was just there 3 weeks ago and the diving was pretty good. Vis was upwards of 75 feet, sealife was abundant. You dont have coral there but the rocks had alot of diversity. The main dive site i would recommend is Marietas Island. Good for beginners, yet fun for advanced as well. I will post some pics as soon as I get them.

Dan

I'll be there in November plan to dive a couple days. What dive OP did you use and did you like them? I dove with Twin Dolphins and Pacific Scuba before, just wondering what your experience was like. Also trying to decide which dive site would be the best to try to talk my hubby and mother-in-law to snorkle, while I dive. Is Marrietas a snorkle place too? I will most likely dive two days by myself and one day with snorkelers. Choco

we did go with Twin Dolphins the first day to Marietas. The crew and the DM were great. We did not have any snorklers on our boat, but there were many boats around the area that had alot of snorklers. Towards the surface there were a ton of fish which was great for snorkling around for the non divers. Also we did get a dive in with Vallarta Adventures over at Las Caletas. Snorkling from what i heard was OK, the dive experience was pretty good though, the Viz was down to about 35-40 ft. hope that helps...[FONT=verdana,geneva,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT]

I've done dives with Villarta Adventures several times over the course of several years. I've always enjoyed Las Mariatas. Villarta Adventures had bigger boats with divers, snorkelers and kayakers. However, there is a pretty good DM to diver ratio and the boat is a good platform on which to gear up and put away. I expect to be with them again toward the end of the month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom