puerto vallarta Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's pretty good Not as good as Cozumel, but you are on the Pacific side, after all. You can do everything deep water, wrecks, shallow reefs, or sandy drifts. It all depeds o what you have time for.

Here are a few links to SB threads with some posts you can read through. My trip report is in one of the threads. As you read some of the info you will find that whether in Puerto Vallarta or Nuevo Vallarta, the same dive sites are frequented.

Puerto Vallarta Trip Report

Puerto Vallarta / Sayulita Diving

Puerto Vallarta

Boat rides to dive sites will be anywhere from 20-60 minutes out. Find out if the op you dive with ties snorkeling/excursions in with it. They may drop people off someplace before taking the divers to a site. I looked at things like water temp for the time of year we were going so I knew if I was taking my wetsuit or using the op's. Although there may be some around now, I couldn't find a dive op nearby. The nearest dive op, that took divers only, was about 40-50+ minutes away from my location.

The best part of the trip for us were some of the excursions we took. It is a beautiful place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom