Puerto Vallarta Diving Review - Leslie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ruminari

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I recently went on a day diving with Leslie's dive charter. We just wanted to give our thumbs up to her operation and to recommend it to anyone that is wanting to get away from cattle boats. It was a very small group of us and we were able to tailor the diving to what we wanted to do which was great.

Thanks for the good time Leslie and Nacho.

I've been curious about the PV diving since I've yet to travel to that area of Mexico. Could you give a bit more info on what the water temps were this time of year and what you saw there?

manitou diver:
I've been curious about the PV diving since I've yet to travel to that area of Mexico. Could you give a bit more info on what the water temps were this time of year and what you saw there?
Do a ScubaBoard search on Puerto Vallarta/Nuevo Vallarta trip reports. Rick Inman wrote a good one a couple of years ago.

Here's one from Chocoholic last November

Here's mine from last July

Jerry

Hi there,
I can tell you a little about pv diving. The dive season here is in the summer time. June thru Sept is really nice. The mosts days of great vis and warm temps. Im talking some days up to 100 feet vis and water temps in the 90s. The average is about 60 feet. Apart from the diving season the water is unpredictable. Ive dove in Novembers when it was still nice and warm and I have dove in Novembers where it was already quite chilly and murkey. The same as in May. Besides the diving season, I would say the average vis is about 30 to 4o feet. the temps will get as low as 55 degrees. For this reason the sealife changes, there are some cold water fish and eels that you dont see in the summmer. Banderas Bay is full of sealife.
Right now the water is getting colder, yesterday I went to chimo and under 10 feet was cold and clear. I saw a manta, a turtle, a octopus, lots of eels and tons of schools of fish.
I wore a 7mm and was just on the verge of being cold, but looking at all the sealife it was easy to forget the cold for a little while.

When my wife and I were there the temps were in the mid 60's. Wife wore a 3mm full and a 6mm full over that. I wore a 3mm full and a 3mm shorty over that. We both got a little chilly but nothing too bad. As far as what we saw. We saw mantas on the boat trip out. On the dives we saw - eagle rays, skates, eels, puffers, triggers, needlefish, tons of small gobies, groupers, seafans, gorgonians, cucumbers, starfish, tube anemones, large angelfish, some encrusting corals, sun coral, and a couple large schools of tangs.

Sounds abit chilly but I'd love to see some mantas again. Thanks for the info! And thanks to Jerry for the links which were also very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom