Puerto Vallarta April 13-20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I cut and paste this email from a reply I gave to someone in another post looking for info on Vallarta diving. I though I would share it with anyone that may be looking to dive there.

I was in Vallarta from the 13-20 of April. After reading Rick Inmans report I was very concerned that it was from a worker at Pacific Scuba (and an infomercial...false and biased), but after reading other positive reveiws about them I changed my mind on using another company and used them instead.
Boy, was that the right move!!!! Philip was my son's and duaghters instructor for their referral open water dives. They are 15 & 16 years old. He gained their trust and respect almost immediatly and made their certification a time to remember. The entire diving with Pacific Scuba was top notch. I dove 4 dives while they where getting certified and another 2 dives with my son afterwards. We dove 3 sites...sorry about the spelling....Marietta's Isle, Majahuites (best spot for us) and Los Arcos. Visibility was about 20 ft for the first 2 dives, 50 ft at Majahuites and maybe 30-40 ft at Los Arcos. We saw sting rays, octopus, turtles, many eels, spider crabs and more colored fish than I can recount.
Ray, the Manager was very quick on replying to my emails....gave me a super deal on multiple dives, and met us in the morning and after our dives to insure the service was good. (it was awesome!!!!) Amilio was our Captain, doesn,t speak much english, but very competent and we all really liked him. Philip was funny and its obvious he loves his work. He has dry humour that you need to listen closley to, but I could not trust my kids with anyone more professional to get certified with. Alex was our (my son and I) divemaster for the last 2 dives....Very competent and a super good guy. The type of person that knows his stuff well but makes you feel on his level and is concerned about your enjoyment and saftey. I highly, highly recommend these guys.....I spoke to a couple divers we met about a few of the other operators and got a few poor reports on Pacific Scuba's competition. I also met a fellow Canadian in "The Noname Cafe" downtown that has lived in Vallarta for over 10 years and he contracts his services and boat to different dive shops.( He is a divemaster) Although he spoke well about a couple shops, he had very high praise for Pacific Scuba.
The diving gets better (visibility) as the Summer approaches.

happy diving
Bob

Back
Top Bottom