Puerto Rico - Culebra - Self Guided Shore Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shopguy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am an experienced shore diver looking for information about shore dive sites off Culebra. So far I have found this in another post here:

Also have info about dive shops and boats, and I have dived from boats out of Fajardo before. I’m looking to plan a future trip and stay on Culebra for the duration of the trip, 1 or 2 weeks, and explore as many shore diving sites as possible.

I’m interested in well protected sites where I don’t have to be overly worried about currents. Lots of marine life, healthy coral and shallow water would be desired. Don’t need super easy entry, but also don’t need an adventure if easy is available :)

We enjoy the mainland and are going there next month again, but we like self guided shore diving and so far on the mainland have only found Crash Boat as a nice spot for that, and El Natural just north of Crash Boat but the current can be strong there. Or La Puergera for a quick swim with turtles, but the wind/waves/current often prohibited us going beyond the “pond”.

We mostly want to go in Winter which I understand is the windy/surfing season, but that’s snow bird life for you.

Maybe we’ll try Los Tubos next month… but going in summer will not be our norm.

Back
Top Bottom