Puerto Galera in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DancinDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm considering joining friends on a trip to Puerto Galera in August. I realize it's the rainy season, and it will of course be quite hot and humid. How is the diving affected? How often are dives cancelled? How much is visibility affected? What else do I need to know?

I'm certainly looking forward to the mosquitoes. Thanks for your help.

Hi Dancindiver,

Yes August can be a tricky month with the weather. it all depends on your luck with the low pressure areas in the country. The good thing about PG is there are plenty of areas which are sheltered from the weather. The only time diving is canceled if there is a storm signal from the coastguard. These typically last a few days if a storm is close by.
Weather is changing though, normally September is a pretty rough month as wellbut last year there were zero low pressure areas in the whole month. I wish you the best of luck if you do make it over.

1. Keep your eye on weather forecast especially typhoon. You do not want to be stranded on the island and miss your flight home. Do not wait for the hoist of typhoon signal No.1 because all ferries stop by then.
2. Dive do get cancelled because of weather.
3. Mosquito is NOT a big problem but dengue fever potentially is. Make sure you are well prepared for it.
4. I have been to Philippines many times over last 26 yrs and have been lucky so far with the typhoon.

Enjoy the trip.

Thank you both, Scuba Sheep and Centrals. We did decide to join our friends, and we'll be leaving for PG next weekend. We've done the ritual packing and unpacking of the dive bag, so we're ready and waiting, really excited to be going someplace new to us.

Thank you both, Scuba Sheep and Centrals. We did decide to join our friends, and we'll be leaving for PG next weekend. We've done the ritual packing and unpacking of the dive bag, so we're ready and waiting, really excited to be going someplace new to us.
Don't forget the One Health Pass.
Fully vaccinated + one booster shot.
"Tourist QR code" to enter Mindoro? I am not sure if it is still required but your resort in PG should advice about it.
Have a nice trip.

Don't forget the One Health Pass.
Fully vaccinated + one booster shot.
"Tourist QR code" to enter Mindoro? I am not sure if it is still required but your resort in PG should advice about it.
Have a nice trip.
Thanks for the heads up and warning. We’re ready to register with One Health Pass. Registration now seems to be within 72 hours of departure, so we have a couple days to wait. We’re fully vaccinated and boosted.

Thanks for the heads up and warning. We’re ready to register with One Health Pass. Registration now seems to be within 72 hours of departure, so we have a couple days to wait. We’re fully vaccinated and boosted.
72hrs is far better than 48hrs(previously).

The previous required Tourist QR code to PG is history. But do keep a copy of your firm resort booking just in case.

Have a nice trip.

My understanding is that if you are not fully vaccinated, you can show a negative pcr test as well as long as its within 72h of entering Philippines.. and there are no isolation requirements.. is that correct? I was planning on heading to Philippines in Sept

My understanding is that if you are not fully vaccinated, you can show a negative pcr test as well as long as its within 72h of entering Philippines.. and there are no isolation requirements.. is that correct? I was planning on heading to Philippines in Sept

Do not forget the One Health Pass

Please check if not fully vaccinated person will be allowed in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom