Puerto Galera: Asia Divers / Galleon: Maria and Ruben great divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John Trecker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just spent a week diving with Asia Divers / Galleon.
The diving was fantastic. Dived with two particularly good dives Maria and Ruben.
Maria in particular was not only an amazing spotter, but really exhibited a level of client support and service not often seen in dive ops. I watched her dive with some less experienced clients and she was patient, instructive, safe, and very positive. On top of that she really knows the reef and has good eyes. If I went back, I would definitely get her whether it is a super expeirenced group or just beginners.
Galleon was solid and sufficient. The big surprise was the food which was delicious!!!! Really well done - fresh, creative, and flavorful.
Also, all the comments about concerns with the bar scene in the nearby town are misplaced. Galleon is in a different area really separated from the boisterous bar/restaurant strip. Galleon beach has its own restaurants which are lovely, quite, and delightful. It would be like not going to Manhattan to stay on Central Park because you were worried about Times Square.... just don't go there.

I’m glad you had a great time. I agree about Maria and Ruben. I would also add Eleanor to the list (aka Ellie). Top notch concierge dive operation and yes, the food was a runaway hit!

Just spent a week diving with Asia Divers / Galleon.
The diving was fantastic. Dived with two particularly good dives Maria and Ruben.
Maria in particular was not only an amazing spotter, but really exhibited a level of client support and service not often seen in dive ops. I watched her dive with some less experienced clients and she was patient, instructive, safe, and very positive. On top of that she really knows the reef and has good eyes. If I went back, I would definitely get her whether it is a super expeirenced group or just beginners.
Galleon was solid and sufficient. The big surprise was the food which was delicious!!!! Really well done - fresh, creative, and flavorful.
Also, all the comments about concerns with the bar scene in the nearby town are misplaced. Galleon is in a different area really separated from the boisterous bar/restaurant strip. Galleon beach has its own restaurants which are lovely, quite, and delightful. It would be like not going to Manhattan to stay on Central Park because you were worried about Times Square.... just don't go there.
Totally concur on all accounts. Just spent 11 days there this past April. Got to dive with Maria and Ruben as well. All of the dive guides we had were outstanding including Allison, Pete and Jamie (who is also the Executive Chef and Maria's significant other).

The bar scene is very low key. No one will bother you. Only people with a load of chip on their shoulders would find them offensive.

Back
Top Bottom