Puerto Galera and Badladz Dive Resort trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You get what you pay with diving in remote locations - especially in Asia.

I've been to PG twice and stayed at 'Atantis' both times - their resort is brilliant and you can get reasonable rooms, don't need to get the most expensive.

The main attraction (part from prime location) is their local staff are excellent - in my experiences, they go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. It's not perfect, but overall the service in the restaurant, bar and dive shop have been outstanding. Food in the main restaurant is generally very good.

The dive operation is a lot more reasonable (than the one mentioned above), and the dives are usually 45-60 min subject to conditions and divers. Overall, the DMs were very good, boats were in good condition, and they offered a good variety of sites - a 60 min was fairly common.

I would have loved to stay at Atlantis but when we got our quote it was 50% more than El Galleon/Asia Divers for the week. I don’t doubt how amazing it is based on reviews here and on Trip Advisor but that difference went a long way in the Philippines - it would pay for our 4 day 3 night safari. We decided not to stay at Atlantis for that reason.

Hi, I'd be happy to hear about your experience in Dumaguete,
Thanks!

I would have loved to stay at Atlantis but when we got our quote it was 50% more than El Galleon/Asia Divers for the week. I don’t doubt how amazing it is based on reviews here and on Trip Advisor but that difference went a long way in the Philippines - it would pay for our 4 day 3 night safari. We decided not to stay at Atlantis for that reason.

I agree..I do agree Atlantis is a nice place and one of the nicest in Sabang but they are way overpriced...I think a standard room inclusive of meals and diving for the day (up to 5 dives if I recall correctly...was close to 375 USD/night. Quite honestly on my trip a few weeks ago I had an ear infection that took 2.5 days from my diving schedule I hardly doubt Atlantis would credit me for not diving those days..I prefer to pay by the dive so I don't feel I have to dive because I already purchased them..There are lots of resort/dive options in Sabang and as you mentioned 50% cheaper and go to the same dive sites etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom