Puck Pro Plus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am new to diving and bought the Puck Pro Plus. It has a nitrogen bar graph and the manual indicates "mandatory decompression stop" when all segments of the graph are black. On various dives the bar graph has been entirely black, going over into the red zone, which certainly appears to indicate a mandatory decompression stop.

What is a bit confusing to me is that on the same page of the manual it describes a SAFETY stop as well as a DECO stop and DEEP stop. When I have been diving the computer has responded appropriately to the SAFETY stop, which is noted to begin at 20 feet, with a three minute countdown.

However, the computer does not appear to be indicating any sort of DEEP or DECO stops (these would apparently be shown with a countdown timer, same as the SAFETY stop, but I have not noticed these countdowns, and I keep a fairly close eye on the computer).

While I admit I have not been tracking exactly, when I look at the log it does not appear to note any DECO stops, but actually cites "no deco" on the dives, which certainly seems to indicate these were not DECO stop dives.

It strikes me that even when moving into the red area on the nitrogen bar graph that a SAFETY stop is adequate. I have just been doing recreational dives, with various other divers, nothing serious.

I simply don't want to assume that this is correct (that a SAFETY stop is all that is needed), as again noted above, the manual specifically indicates "mandatory decompression stop" when all segments of the bargraph are black.

Is it simply counting the SAFETY stop as adequate, despite going into the "mandatory decompression" stop? I find it strange it would identify them as specifically different types of stops in the manual, but then allow the SAFETY stop to count as a DECO stop.

If anyone has any specific information about this, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Paul

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom