Puck pro assistance: log fault?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

My name is Claudia and I use a Mares Puck Pro for my diving, I have been using it for a couple of years now, on and off. This morning I checked my dive log and it was absolutely fine, then after the dive I went to have a look at the dive I just did on the log of the computer and it is completely stuck to the page with my max depth, min temperature, cumulative dive hours (35h). If i press the button again it goes to a “back” screen and that is it. All my dives are gone, and it didn’t log my last dive.

What should I do?

Thanks,

Claudia Santori

All I can think of is trying to reboot it by removing the battery and putting it back in--have you checked to see if the battery is low? My battery failed on only the 7th dive and the battery leaked all inside the compartment--put in a new battery and it fired right up again but the last dive was not in the computer but the rest of my dives were thankfully.

Thanks for the reply! I have changed the battery and now the log works again! However all my history has been completely wiped out apart from my very max depth, etc (the summary screen). Good to keep in mind for next time, if the battery gets very low the history might be wiped out. Weird because the computer didn't die or anything, must have been just very low. Who knows!

Claudia, I haven't done this myself but you may want to buy the PC connector and download your dives into your computer were they will always be even if your computer goes on the crapper again. I still transfer my info into my regular log book at the end of each day so I always have a permanent record of my dives. I'm doing more diving at the end of June and will see if my Puck Pro holds up or fails on me again--it's still under warranty so if it does hopefully they will repair or replace it. I've read more than a few posts about the Puck Pro batteries that come with the computer dying before the advertised 300-500 dives you should get on a battery--Mares may be using cheap generic batteries in them when they are built. I now take out and store my battery after each dive trip and just need to set the time again before diving---good diving to you.

So I have I Puck Pro and am trying to load the dives onto my Mac with the Dive Link and Divers Diary. Nothing is happening. The green light does not turn red as the website says it should. I've tried with a different dive link and that didn't help. Any ideas?

Yeah - sorry - bumping an old thread. Danny, hopefully you have the driver installed. MY question: How deep must you take a puck pro before it logs a dive? I recently had mine fixed under warranty due to a cracked battery housing, so I took it to a pool session and it entered dive mode but didn't log anything. Max depth was 8 feet for about an hour.

Yes, trying to get a tech ticket entered with Mares, but I don't have an account nor see how to create one.

Back
Top Bottom