Puck computer size question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8jab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I've used the search function some, but can't find enough info to completely solve my problem.

I've got a console with SPG, compass, and computer. It has the quick-disconnect from Uwatec/Scubapro, and is pictured below.

Originally, it had a Aladdin Prime puck computer. That computer is now defunct. I'm thinking of getting an inexpensive Mares puck (or similar) to replace it. My questions are:

1. Are the pucks generally the same diameter?
2. Are the pucks generally the same depth?
3. Are the Mares and Uwatec the same diameter?
4. Are the Mares and Uwatec the same depth? If not, which is thicker.
5. Is the Mares puck interchangeable for the Uwatec?
6. Generally, will it fit?

Uwatec%20Aladin%202g%20triple%20compact%20console.1.jpg

I can't give you the sizes of the Mares Puck but can say that they are made to fit in a particular boot. They have 'lugs' on the back that engage with the boot and then stainless steel 'pins' are used to secure the computer to the boot. Both the console and wrist boots are the same.

I will try to get time to measure a Puck and take some photos, but this could be a couple of days.

These images give an idea of the puck fitting, see the cut-out in the boot. Mares Puck Wrist Strap Kit Accessories

Thanks

I have a Scubapro Tec 3G that is brand new, replaced under warranty by Scubapro. This one has not been in the water. It's wrist mount but can be removed from the boot and placed in your console. Retails for around $425 but I will sell it for $275 plus shipping and insurance. (I have four computers and don't need that many).

Last edited:
I have a Scubapro Tec 3G that is brand new, replaced under warranty by Scubapro. This one has not been in the water. It's wrist mount but can be removed from the boot and placed in your console. Retails for around $425 but I will sell it for $275 plus shipping and insurance. (I have four computers and don't need that many).

Thanks so much for the offer. I appreciate it. I'm on a tight budget, and the Mares is $150. If it does not fit, I'll probably just live with the empty hole in the console.

My old Oceanic Data plus fit my old console with 2" gauges...My Hollis puck computer fits in a console for 1 3/4" gauges...I've ben told that these are the two "standard" sizes... measure your old computer against the one you're thinking of getting...

I have uwatec 2g and oceanic vt3. I can tell you they are noticeably different in size. Oceanic has larger diameter while 2g is thicker. Their wrist mount can't be exchanged for sure.

Oceanic and Hollis are basically the same brand, same model with different graphics. So Hollis will fit into oceanic console, no surprise there. But I doubt there is such a thing as standard size across manufactures.

Back
Top Bottom