Pt Lobos Dive Reservation System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikemikethepike

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I was just at the Pt Lobos web site (Diving | Point Lobos Foundation) and the Pt Lobos dive reservation systems has been taken down. How recently did this happen?

Here is what the site says:

ATTENTION DIVERS: The Point Lobos dive reservation system has been temporarily suspended. Our Dive coordinator Kristina, who administers your requests was involved in an unfortunate auto accident, and is away from the job site until further notice. Due to State budget and personnel issues we are unable to bring in another employee to backfill for this position.

Currently all weekend and holiday (including June 30th – July 4th) are at capacity. Dive slots on other weekdays will be awarded first come first served upon arrival at the park.​

What's up?

There's the problem, she should have gotten involved in a fortunate auto accident.

Guy (Sorry, I'm feeling snarky today).

What's up?

ATTENTION DIVERS: The Point Lobos dive reservation system has been temporarily suspended. Our Dive coordinator Kristina, who administers your requests was involved in an unfortunate auto accident, and is away from the job site until further notice. Due to State budget and personnel issues we are unable to bring in another employee to backfill for this position.

Grrr, Yes, Very Funny, I know that is what the site says. I quoted it so I would not get back a regurgitation of the official notice.

It seems like the official notice is pretty straight forward. They can't afford to get someone else to do the reservations. Want to volunteer?

It seems like the official notice is pretty straight forward. They can't afford to get someone else to do the reservations. Want to volunteer?

Well maybe someone know the answer to my first question. How recently did this happen? Did this message go up last week? Last Month? Yesterday? Today?

IDK, this is the first time I have ever asked a question in a public forum. I guess I have learned my lesson and I will STFU.

Back
Top Bottom