Pt. Lobos Carmel Bay, California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RoyN

Contributor
Reaction score
Enjoy! constructive criticism, suggestion, and comments are welcome! :D

Picture007.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture065.jpg

Here is the rest of the gallery!

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560430759YItDfT?vhost=good-times

all the images are lacking some contrast they are all a little gray. good composition on the first and las one. i would say get closer to your subjects. i can be a hard place to photograph when the water is dirty. the second image needs to be cropped in on the fish a lot. i thick the top one is your best shot and can be edited to make a great pick. all you would have to do is add some contrast and sharpen it a little and maybe add some color back in to make the strawberry anemones pop out a little more. i like several of the shots in your gallery better than the ones posted. i looks like vis was bad that day.

what kind of camera were u using and what kind of strobes.

I'm using a Canon S50 camera wth no strobe. I just ordered a Sunpak G flash strobe which unfortunately suffered from some strange shipping delay and I won't be able to use it for a while because I'll be in school. :shakehead

Tomorrow I'll be out again so I'll use that sharp setting and contrast as you said. :wink:

Cheer!

RoyN:
I'm using a Canon S50 camera wth no strobe. I just ordered a Sunpak G flash strobe which unfortunately suffered from some strange shipping delay and I won't be able to use it for a while because I'll be in school. :shakehead

Tomorrow I'll be out again so I'll use that sharp setting and contrast as you said. :wink:

Cheer!

Don't do it in the camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it afterwards in photo shop or some sort of editing program. the camera does not do a very good job at this plus if you don't like it you cant undo it if you do it . i would just focus on getting close to your subject. and you should see some improvement. if you think you are close enough get a little closer.

No problem on that :wink: Anyways, nappy time for me :D

good luck to morrow hope you get some better vis it is one of the bet places down there if you get a chance you should go dive the trench at monastery beach. i will be there in about a month i can wait to get in there again i am going to get to dive one of the no dive zones at lobos it should be great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom