PT-015 w Inon WAL, how to store?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just received the Inon 2 WAL, and was wondering how you all recommend the mechanics of storing this. I don't have time to order anything since I'm leaving for Aruba on the 27th, so is there a way i can keep this without scratching the lens while diving? As well, how do you all put this on in the water without dropping it or scratching the lens? And one more, what kind of lens covers do you use while in the water so as not to harm the lens? Thanks so much for your advice and I apologize for all the questions.

I supopose by storing, you mean how to carry it during the dive when you aren't using it? I use a Digital Lens Dock It also includes a Save-A-Lens leach that keeps your lens safe should you drop it while trying to mount it to the housing.

I don't use a lens cover in the water, it's just something else to keep up with and not really needed. Once back on the boat there are 3 difference covers that I know of....1)a generic hard plastic click on cover like the one for the camera 2) a neoprene 'shower cap' design made of neoprene that just slips over the lens port. and 3) a can Koozie cut in half and placed over the lens port. This last one is effective and cheap to replace when you lose it.

I enter and exit the water with the plastic cover on the lens. Once I start down the cover comes off and goes in bc pocket. When I come back up OR hand it to someone on the boat the cover is on. I do not trust someone else will place it the fresh water tank as carefully as me. If I have to clip the camera to my bc for a rough beach entry or exit I keep the cover on. Some times I need both hands to get out.Dee had a good idea about the cozy cup I will remember that and they sell them in many locations. Only thing I would have a problem with is it will stay wet alot longer than the plastic cap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom