PT-015 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crazyc

Contributor
Reaction score
My friend just got a new PT-015 for her Oly 5050. First dunk in the tub and the lid o-ring shows water. No intrusion into the housing body, and from the looks of it this o-ring is slightly exposed anyway. Is this normal or is this housing defective?

CrazyC

First, did you have both o-rings in? You only mentioned one, and the PT-015 has two.

Second, it is not clear what you are asking, but if you are asking should the o-ring be wet when you open the camera, the answer is, yes. It is what holds the water out of the housing.

Digitaldiver,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was at my friends house and she was stressing over her computer and camera and I had to do something. Yes both o-rings are in place. When the housing is closed, there is about 1/32 of an inch gap between the back and the body through which the o-ring can be seen and of course water gets to the o-ring. The housing is holding no problem, she just got upset seeing water on the o-ring since the manual doesn't say anything about it and it's her first housing for U/W.

Is this housing sturdy enough for 4 ATA? I tried to talk her into a Light & Motion housing, but she wanted to get a laptop instead.:)

crazyc once bubbled...
Digitaldiver,
Is this housing sturdy enough for 4 ATA? I tried to talk her into a Light & Motion housing, but she wanted to get a laptop instead.:)
4ATA/99ft...should be safe. The PT-015 has a manufacturers depth rating of 40 meters or roughly 130ft.

MonkSeal once bubbled...
The best practice is to make a test dive with empty housing to see if it's OK.

Rodger that!

I just got off the phone not 10 minutes before your message came through and that was the final decision.

Thanks for the information!

CrazyC

crazyc once bubbled...
Digitaldiver,

Mine's been over 5 ata with no problems (but don't blame me if yours explodes...)

Se7en

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom