PST LP104's - LOVE 'em!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetDane

Reaction score
Hey guys - and gals,

those of you who took part in my tank education a while back will be happy to know that I have put a lot of dives on my LP 104's and I absolutely love these tanks - they are perfect!!!
Thanks for the input!

Onwards gas breeders,
Dane

I use the PST HP 120's and I love 'em!!!!

:)

Next?

I love my HP80's and HP65!

Pardon my tank ignorance, but does the extra cubic footage mean more "air time" for the same PSI? In other words, if you have 95's, will they supply you with more air than a similar profile with 80's?

Yes, the cubic footage of the cylinder is what determins the quantity of breathable air in it. More air meens more time at the same given depth. Most divers have their preferences, for example if you use an OMS type Low Pressure steel cylinder, and it's a 95cuft cylinder at 2640psi, and it's filled slightly beyonf 2640... which by the way is NOT recommended... hehe, you now have lots of air!

I remember one time in San Diego, while having my cylinder filled by one dive shop manager, he wasn't paying attention to the fill station and filled my 2400(2640 with the plus) psi Pressed Steel 95 to 3900 psi!!! Which jammed in over 140cuft of air into a 95! Needless to say I had him bleed off some of that air before I strapped it to my back.

The next day, I had him replace my burst disk.

Back
Top Bottom