PST exemption renewal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surfsidedav

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
As most of you already know, PST went through a reorganization in the past several months. Being concerned about the exemption on the tanks I checked the DOT website and noticed that it is due to expire at the end of August 2007. I called PST and after a few tries got a real person in the sales dept. on the phone and he informed me that there was no need to worry, that they were going to file the extension. I was worried about having to get a personal exemption or get a premature hydro just to get a few more years life out of the cylinder. And BTW, he informed me all was doing well and they should start shipping cylinders sometime in June.
David

surfsidedav:
As most of you already know, PST went through a reorganization in the past several months. Being concerned about the exemption on the tanks I checked the DOT website and noticed that it is due to expire at the end of August 2007. I called PST and after a few tries got a real person in the sales dept. on the phone and he informed me that there was no need to worry, that they were going to file the extension. I was worried about having to get a personal exemption or get a premature hydro just to get a few more years life out of the cylinder. And BTW, he informed me all was doing well and they should start shipping cylinders sometime in June.
David

Well, if they are going to start shipping in June, I better give them a call to cancel my outstanding orders. Since I have taken on Worthington, I no longer need them at my store.

I have two outstanding orders for cylinders from PST for cylinders that have never been delivered................

1 order placed on June 9, 2003 and 1 order placed on August 6, 2003

Phil Ellis

I am not sure if PST is still going to use the name PST in the market...

The price and quality are the most important factors to the customer.

Who knows that there will be a big demand for new PST HP tanks......? :wink:

hoosier:
Who knows that there will be a big demand for new PST HP tanks......? :wink:

I haven't been watching closely but I get the impression that Worthington is meeting all of the demand for hot dipped HP cylinders. That should make for a competitive situation if PST expects to recapture some market share. Good news for the consumer by my read.

Pete

Yeap... What I was told on TDS, "Money is King" It seems that there are a big group to take the cheapest one from whoever is selling the tanks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom