PROVO Diving: Should I book now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jubjang

Reaction score
Will be in first time in Provo during the week of Dec.9, plan to dive with Caico Adventures. Should I book now, or should wait unitl next month? Thank you all

I wouldn't think it's a busy time but still, if you've decided when and where, is there a reason to wait? Not that far off really.

I'm with Damselfish. While that period is not especially busy, it's really pretty close for a vacation of that nature. Why delay?

When you book with Caicos Adventures, tell the owner, "Fifi," that I sent you.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

jubjang:
Will be in first time in Provo during the week of Dec.9, plan to dive with Caico Adventures. Should I book now, or should wait unitl next month? Thank you all
We dove with them a few years back and had a very good experience - "Fifi" is a great guy, as Doc mentions in his post; friendly, great attitude, wants you to have a good time -

Be prepared for looooong boat rides (in ocasionally choppy seas) and a full day experience - they did not return until mid to late afternoon, and served lunch on board (sandwiches; OK but only because I was hungry - least favorite part of the trip - maybe they have improved the food - if you are a picky eater, ask)

The dives were all walls, which to me is fantastic - viz was 60 - 80 feet - don't remember any large animal encounters.

We liked Provo; not a real pretty island; the locals were very friendly; as I recall decent places to eat. It was very full days. Have a great trip.

We do 3-4 trips a year to Provo and always dive with Caicos Adventures you will have a good time with the crew they are a great bunch. The boat rides are 40 to 50 minutes long but quite comfortable on the 2 large cats they normally use 1 at 42 ft and 1 at 54 ft. The sandwiches are subs from the local IGA store and are just fine when your hungary between dives but I do agree they get a little boring after a couple of weeks of diving every day. We always bring fresh fruit to supplement the subs. There are lots of lobsters, large turtles, sharks and spotted eagle rays to enjoy and the wall are absolutely beautiful with huge sponges. There is an abundance of small fish life like drum fish etc.

December is the beginning of Whale season, so you might want to go ahead and book just to be sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom