Protune in Final Cut Pro X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaERDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey folks,

I've been editing my dive videos using GoPro Studio for the last couple years and really have found it quite easy for GoPro footage...but somewhat lacking when trying to blend in footage from other cameras and aspect ratios (about to shoot with the moondogs anamorphic iPhone lens).

I'm about to make the leap and purchase Final Cut Pro X and pretty much use that for all my video editing. However I have found shooting in Protune very helpful when it comes to color correcting in editing. Having the Protune preset on GoPro Studio makes things so easy. Has anyone developed a good workflow when using Protune GoPro video on Final Cut Pro X? My thoughts are either to convert in GoPro Studio and apply the preset first or to get a separate plugin for Final Cut Pro X like this:

HDR for GoPro

Here's what I've been doing with FCP and ProTune ...

Adjust Exposure (bring back contrast), then Color (ie correct the white balance).

All in the first Color Adjustment.

BRad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom