Proton replaced by Prestige?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MBren

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I was told that the Proton is being replaced by the Prestige? Is this correct?

I doubt it, they came out with the proton v42 pretty recently on the top end. But they my be planning to replace a the middle level proton 12 with the prestige 12.

Hi all,

I would like to clarify that the Proton regulator remains in the line. 2009 will still have the Proton 42 and Proton 42 (she dives). In addition to many others we will offer the Prestige NTT 22 and the Prestige 12S. Stay tuned; we will present a new product for 2009, which will continue our position as a leader in regulator technology. :) Oooops did I let the cat out of the bag? Hmmmm, not yet.

Best,

Yes the MR12 Proton configuration is obsolete.

Best regards,

Yes the MR12 Proton configuration is obsolete.

Best regards,
Do you know how long we can expect to be able to get parts? It seems we can still buy this reg online and are considering doing so...

You can anticipate part availability for a looooooong time. The MR12 1st stage and also Proton 2nd stages are still currently part of our regulator product line, just not in this configuration. I would not worry about part availability for either.

Sincerely,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom