Proton 42 or Abyss 22?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ze_Abron

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking at regulators for purchase - what is the difference between these two?

I guess I'll flip a coin. I choose.... Proton!

I guess I'll flip a coin. I choose.... Proton!
i'm very new to this sport - i bought the abyss 22 and have used it soley in my nine dives plus the ten in my pool - i bought it on advise from a friend who dives very often up here in michigan - he has no troubles with it and i like it a lot- especially after i tried a couple of others - seemed to be able to breath with it much more naturally - i dont know if thats the correct words to use - but i hope you get what im trying to say - i also bought the abyss octo regulator very satisfied with these products,

john

Ze, both are good choices. The main difference is weight, the proton being much lighter. then there is port configuration which differs. The Abyss22 has a long tradition in tech diving and is known as a very reliable reg. The proton42, which is relatively new, is also gaining a great rep. Both are great breathing durable dependable regs. For strictly recreational diving, I'd go for the Proton... If I was going to do tech dives, the Abyss would be my choice...

Hope this helps!:coffee:

It does, I am ordering today. Thx!

Back
Top Bottom