Protecting the lens on the PT 015 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can get a lens cover at most camera shops for $5. Just look for one the same size....67mm?

Or you can use a drink Koozie. You know those foam can holders? Cut it off, leaving 1.5 - 2" above the bottom. It fits over the lens port of the housing. And if you lose it? Just make another one!

The disadvantage of the first is that the little metal springs in the push-in pieces will corrode rather quickly and then not pop back out to hold the cap in place, at least that's been my experience.

The great advantage of the second is that you can dunk it in a rinse tank or anywhere else and there's no corrosion. It's also inexpensive.
TEdJ

the koozie works great on my sony pha.
there is no way id put it in a boat bucket without it.

That's nice, Okie. I haven't seen those. What's it made of, silicone?

Does it fit as snug as it looks? Is it easy to get on and off?

Aloha,
TedJ is correct on the 67mm lens cap. The springs went on mine in no time from getting it wet. I use an earmuff with elastic and turn it inside out on my PT-010. Photo
:shades:

I got one that appears to be all plastic. I carry it in my BCD pocket and snap it on before handing up my camera at the end of the dive.

Does it fit as snug as it looks? Is it easy to get on and off?

It does fit snug, Dee. I trimmed it just a hair to acommodate the internal flash diffuser on the housing. I thinks its silicone....its exactly like the Ike one I used to have.

El Buzo Loco once bubbled...
I got one that appears to be all plastic. I carry it in my BCD pocket and snap it on before handing up my camera at the end of the dive.

Where did you find yours? I have been looking for one like that... does it fit snugly enough not to get knocked off?

sapphire

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom