Protecting Camera Set Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brodydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What do you use or do to protect your camera and strobe set up on smaller boats that don't have a dedicated camera area?

A cooler works well. You fill it partially with water and put your rig in. You will want some way to secure it, if the seas are rough.

In a pinch, wrapping he rig in a couple of old beach towels will protect it pretty well.

I use my "24 can" AO soft cooler. It's a padded carry case for my assembled camera rig. It's a private rinse tank. It's my "personal item" carry-on for airline travel. Sometimes, it's even a cooler. (Other times, it keeps hot food warm.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I use a zippered "cooler bag" that I got for $7 at Costco. The large size fits a full camera rig nicely unless you have 12" strobe arms like I do now. I can't zip it anymore. Takes up the same or less room on the boat than the camera and acts as padding in case someone kicks it. Also prevents fogging between dives in the hot sun. My Costco no longer has them, but I saw a similar bag at Trader Joe's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom