Protect Florida Springs License Plate (proposed, needs support)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Basically I'm ripping this from DeepSea/Walter on CDF.
Mods I hope you will agree this is appropriate for the FL section.

pfs_plate.jpg

HB 973 - Specialty License Plates
SB 2592 - Protect Fla. Springs License Plate [EPCC]

Briefly the Florida Congress (House of Rep & Senate) are working on bills that will create a tag supported fund for Florida Springs.

ACTION: Please contact each of the specific council/committee members at each step with a show of support. Please note that these bills must pass through multiple and various committees before becoming law, so you will want to follow their progress and contact the specific committee members at each step (a new round of emails/calls/letters at each step/committee). You may want to subscribe to this thread in order to know when to email your support.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Neither of these are currently on their specific committee agenda

HB 973 - 03/20/07, Now in Economic Expansion & Infrastructure Council on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:14 PM

SB 2592 - 03/20/07 S Introduced, referred to Transportation; Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations -SJ 00183 on Tuesday, March 20, 2007 4:18 PM

NO, NO, NO!!

Too damm many plates in florida as it is.

No new ones unless they do away with an old one.

It is very beautiful, but...what Walter said.

100_2505.jpg

And is this plate porpoised or is it proposed? :eyebrow:

DebbyDiver:
And is this plate porpoised or is it proposed? :eyebrow:

Spelling corrected...I'm admitting it to keep Debby from looking like she's crazy :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

Thanks...from your ScubaBoard librarian. :)

CAPT HOOK:
NO, NO, NO!!

I agree, tooooo many different plates. Lets go back to the old style with the number of the county, ie: 24 - 5767 was St Lucie County, and nothing else. You see them now and you do not even realize they are a Florida plate.

It is a nice looking plate though:D

Ber Rabbit:
Spelling corrected...I'm admitting it to keep Debby from looking like she's crazy :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:
Thanks, I notice that right after I submitted... and as you know we common folk can't edit the title.

I agree there are a lot of tags (that I don't like), but I'll let the 'market' sort out the unpopular ones. They have discontinued a few plates; Girl Scouts, Miami Hooters, Orlando Predators...

CAPT HOOK:
NO, NO, NO!!

Man, I hear ya...I've got a list of them I'd like to see go, with the first two being FSU and that "State of the Arts" tag.:popcorn:

I would very much like to see the springs tag go through and will lend my support wherever and whenever I can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom