Prospective Aqueous and Wild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ThreeTankTom

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there everyone!
I would like to begin with a simple thank you for allowing me to join the site. I am an upcoming new diver, I lucked into a class my last year of undergraduate studies which will require travel and diving during spring break, and it is the perfect nudge/final reason to jump in and get my certification and invest in my set of diving equipment.
As stated, I am going to be new, but I have always wanted to get into the sport. Back in the day, or as my parents enjoyed saying “before kid” (I’m an only) they did a fair amount of traveling to the Caribbean, especially the Caymans. My father used to enjoy diving and was really good at it, but due to some ear issues he has been out since early 2000 when his ear drum ruptured in St. Lucia. I always enjoyed the photos of the ocean, the island and just the notion you get to travel and enjoy just existing while being suspended beneath the waves.
About me: I enjoy any and all outdoor sports, I live in the Rocky Mountain region, so yearn round variations of hiking, camping, fishing, shooting, hunting, photography are normal in my repertoire. I am a college student studying biochemistry and have minors in physics and biology. Due to my interest in the outdoors, the biology minor has been pretty concentrated in ecological courses. I have also been known to spend the occasional evening in the basement constructing model rockets, and flying them when the winds are down and space is available. Being in heavy sciences, I do enjoy to escape in a college-student budget friendly way: music, reading and writing. My name sort of reflects that with the alliteration. I love reading books on adventure and the Bond novels. My music tastes lay heavily in Rock and Roll, especially with the Foo Fighters and Nirvana, but I even go back to the Days of Sam Cooke.
I look forward to learning about the sport and equipment, and I hope that my newbie questions will be welcomed.
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone,
ThreeTankTom

Welcome to SB! With your background in the hard sciences you'll love diving. Oh, and kudos not he music choices!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom