Proshow questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was not really sure where to post this, but I was wondering if anyone else here uses proshow to make a slide show with their diving pictures? I was playing around with it, one problem I am having is when adding music to play, if I use songs I downloaded from I-tunes or Wal-Mart, proshow cannot use them because they are "protected". I can use music from my CD's. Does anyone know of any other way to put music on proshow (or to download to a CD). It is not like I am trying to do anything illegal, as I paid for the music, I just want to use it in a slide show (I am not selling anything so I do not see a problem)

I use Proshow for our MultiMedia Shows at our site. Far from an expert but what I do is burn I-tunes to a cd, then save them to a file using Windows Media Player. The only issue is the Song Titles get lost. Hope that helps

I use Proshow for our MultiMedia Shows at our site. Far from an expert but what I do is burn I-tunes to a cd, then save them to a file using Windows Media Player. The only issue is the Song Titles get lost. Hope that helps
It worked, I was trying to burn using windows media player. I have never used Itunes to burn a CD (this is actually the first time I have ever used Itunes, wow, I just sounded really old!

Ok, my next problem. I finished up the slideshow. I tried to make a VCD disk using a CD-R. I thought everything worked right. I put it in my DVD player and only the opening slide would show. It had a "1. Hawaii Slideshow" and "2. Loop playback", but pushing any button on my remote would do nothing. What can I do, I do? Can I burn it to a DVD (I think I can do that with my computer, but not sure (I am not extremely tech savy)? Why can I not make a VCD?

I only Create a DVD disc or Share Show Online. Never tried the others.
I did not see create a DVD disc as an option. What version do you have? I ahve the standard, is the DVD burning only an option with the gold edition?

I have the Proshow Gold, version 2.6. They keep wanting me to upgrade but I am happy with what mine does.

I am not familiar with the standard, but when you create your show, do you have the option for autoexecute? I had the same problem when I first started but after playing around with the options I was able to get it to where the CD plays on a DVD when I insert the disc.

I do have ProShow Gold so that may be the issue. It can take video clips but I have never tried editing video with ProShow, I now use Sony Vegas for video and just drop the edited video into ProShow. In addition ProShow Gold could not handle HD video clips. They have have a new version and I emailed them to see if it can handle HD video as they say they now can burn Blue Ray slide shows. Have not heard back from them, 3 days and counting.

Back
Top Bottom