Props to Bahama Divers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nivla80

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just got back from Nassau, Bahamas. Spent a week there, with 6 days of diving. Then entire trip was awesome, and wish I could post some pictures online, however, due to my stupidity and inexperience with U/W camera handling, I lost my camera during my very first dive, at the Lost Blue Hole. Kinda sad, but oh well, there's nothing much I can do about it.

Heard alot of good things about Stuart's Cove, but I think the other dive op, Bahama Divers deserve some lime light too, at least more than the exposure that they're getting. Apart from not having a fancy private little cove where dive boats dock, and not having a beautifully decorated dive shop, the staff exhibited a high level of professionalism that not only met one's expectations, but far exceeded that of.

After diving with Bahama Divers, I would like to applaud and commend the bunch of folks for their professionalism and friendliness. As mentioned, I lost my camera, and the staff on board actually kept a look out for the camera, at dept, and on surface, though to no avail. Also, on other days when they went out again, I heard that the captain(s) requested guests to keep an eye for the camera during the pre-dive briefing. In short, they went out of their way to try to recover it. Customer service on board was excellent too. After a dive, the staff switched out tanks, did air checks, helped to don gear, for EVERY guest. After a day of diving, the staff disassembled the gears too. I was using my personal gear, and am pleased to note that they rinsed out mine too, before handing them to me.

During the entire diving process for all the days that I dove with them, from gettin on board to disembarking, it was absolutely organised, with no hassle. They ensure total safety on their part for the divers and themselves alike, and at no point did any of the experienced staff attempt dangerous stunts, which is commonplace for some dive ops out there. During dives, there is always a dive leader, followed by guests, and a safety diver following close behind. A camera person also doubles as another safety diver. Entrances and exits to the water is handled safely and precariously. Also, I remember, at a dive, there were 2 divers, a buddy pair who were low on air simultaneously. The DM and Safety diver immediately went to their assistance, and handled the situation ably. They made their safety stop, and stayed close till they accended together.

In all, it has been a wonderful experience, and if i do return to Nassau, I would definitely dive with them again. Good job guys, and keep it up! For all SB members out there, if you head down to Nassau, do give them a try!

Hi,

I have dived with several outfits on New Providence (Nassau's Island) and agree with you. The dive sites are different since they are on opposite sides of New Providence.

Basically, Stuart is much, much more interested in rate of return. Dives are timed so that those of us with good bottom times really get short changed. If you are a good diver, the guys at Bahama Divers will accommodate you much better.

Back in the day, SC would let better divers loose on the second dive of a two-tank dive. Now, they keep more control so the boat can back in time to reload for the next group.

That said, if you want to do a shark dive whilst there, SC has a great one.

One more thing, if you are staying on Paradise Island, Bahama Divers is a very, very short drive. The drive to SC is much longer. For those staying on Cable Beach, it is a push.

joewr

Yeah! I did the Shark Dive with SC, and it was totally awesome... It was my last 2 dives too, for my vacation. It was a nice farewell from the seas of the Bahamas.

And word, Bahama Divers let loose for the second dive, and we were able to max bottom time. It is a nice combi, a deeper, more controlled dive for the first, and a relaxing shallow dive for the second.

So how is the diving (scenery) in the Bahamas?
Compare to Key Largo?

Compare to other Carribbean sites?

Wish I had pics to show you, but erm.. my stupidity and carelessness leaded to the loss of my camera... Anyways, I've never dove Key Largo and/or other Carribbean sites, so I can't tell you anything with regards to that,

But i've dove in Malaysian waters, mainly Pulau Tioman and Pulau Redang, and while the fish species are somewhat different, you can expect BEAUTIFUL reefs in the Bahamas, and crystal clear waters. Visi has been AWESOME for every one of my dives (did 12). Water's warm too. 75 degs... All in all, the dive scenery has been one of the better ones I've seen, though I've only logged 40 over dives, but I'm sure you won't be disappointed. =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom