Props for teaching U/W Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sladerer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for recommendations/pointers to a site that carries something I can use as props for teach U/W students. Almost everything on amazon is small - looking for a variety of items i can suspend at various depths. thanks

My instructor made this from some pvc pipes he got at Lowe's and some aquarium pieces he picked up at a pet store. He tied it off to a dive weight to make it stay on the bottom and the low density of the plastic made it stand upright. It gave me a lot of options for positioning myself and my lights, as well as some different textures and objects to shoot.

What about just going to the local goodwill / thrift shop and getting toys like action figures? More sustainable than purchasing new (read: better for our ocean), it's cheap, and perfect for photo instruction in a pool!

My instructor made this from some pvc pipes he got at Lowe's and some aquarium pieces he picked up at a pet store. He tied it off to a dive weight to make it stay on the bottom and the low density of the plastic made it stand upright. It gave me a lot of options for positioning myself and my lights, as well as some different textures and objects to shoot.
That's awesome! I love it!

image.jpeg Plastic toy figures found in grocery stores and toy stores. Can be almost anything, toy dinosaurs are fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom