ProPlus 2 - Time inaccurate in Dive log??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wasabe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,

I am hoping to get some help from someone here. First off I am new to
diving, I got certified about two months ago. I bought all equipment so I don't have to rent gear. One of the items I bought was an Oceanic ProPlus 2.

My question is this, after a dive - my log (in the computer) shows the wron time. For example today I took one dive, we went down to 106 feet (I am taking my advance class), we were in the waater for 28 minutes but my computer says we were in the water for 55 minutes. Now we did spend some time on the surface in the water while the instructor was giving us some directions so it is possible that we had 55 minutes time in the water but I thought the dive time started after you went down a few feet. Am I doing something wrong or is there a setting I can change. I am NOT here complaining on my computer, actually everything I own for this is Oceanic, very pleased but I am truly concerned.

Obviously the wrong time will also affect my secondary dive times. Any help would be greatly approciated. Thanks everyone.

It could have been your surface interval time or it was still reading depth. If you can download the computer and look at the profile.

As they said I have had this computer over year with over 50 dives on it and have no issues with it. It's a great computer. Typically it wont start reading a dive untill you 5' and once your above 5' it will switch to surface mode.

Best thing to do is either send it in. Or buy the download cable and download the dive so you can review exactly what it is telling you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom