Proplus 2 freezing up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Chua

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After searching through the forum I did not find an answer, so here is my problem: I have a Proplus 2 that is about 3+ years old. The computer seems to freeze up intermittently and I am not able to scroll through the menu or do anything else like recognize a drop in tank pressure etc. The battery has been changed recently, and I reset the computer by leaving the battery out of it for an hour plus. The problem was fixed initially but then resurfaced later. Has anyone had a similar issue or problem like this?

I already have a Return Authorization etc. but wanted to see if there was another solution. I don't really want to have to drop $150 if it can be avoided (obviously!).
Thanks,
Dan

Never heard of that one.

Who replaced the battery? Where did they get the battery? Oceanic PDCs can sometimes be temperamental about batteries. Might not be the cause, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I replaced the battery myself with the recomended size etc. Is there a specific type that is better than the others?

Thanks,
Dan

Oceanic recommends Sony and Panasonic CR batteries. The CR is very important.

Stay away from any battery that isn't a CR. BRs can't handle the load.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom