Programming Nautilus Lifeline GPS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FilmDork

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

Wondering if there's someone here who can help me. I just got a Nautilus GPS unit and am trying to program it with my iPhone X, but when I get to the final stage where I'm supposed to point the phone flashlight at the back of the unit to finalize the programming, it never seems to work (the double strobe indicator never activates). Not sure what the deal is, and I couldn't get the tech guy at Nautilus on the phone to help me.

Has anyone dealt with this problem before? I'd really like to get this thing working before I hit Cozumel this weekend.

Thanks!

When I programmed my Nautilus I recall having to make sure the room was dark when doing the last step.

Hey all,

Wondering if there's someone here who can help me. I just got a Nautilus GPS unit and am trying to program it with my iPhone X, but when I get to the final stage where I'm supposed to point the phone flashlight at the back of the unit to finalize the programming, it never seems to work (the double strobe indicator never activates). Not sure what the deal is, and I couldn't get the tech guy at Nautilus on the phone to help me.

Has anyone dealt with this problem before? I'd really like to get this thing working before I hit Cozumel this weekend.

Thanks!

When I programmed my Nautilus I recall having to make sure the room was dark when doing the last step.

Agree. My husband did it with lights on and it didn’t work. He said it didn’t matter the lights were on. I insisted turning the lights off and it worked!

I had problems with the programming step also with an S5 running Android 6.0.1. Probably did it a dozen times with no response from the strobe. Downloaded the app to an iPhone 5 and it worked on the 1st try in a moderately lit room. Tried it with a Pixel running Android 7 and that didn't work either.
The tech at Nautilus had me try several different things with my S5, with no success. He was sending it to the developers to troubleshoot. I will say that even though it took a little wait to talk to a tech, maybe 20 minutes or so, he was very knowledgeable about the equipment. No follow the script troubleshooting. That was a welcome change from a lot of "tech support".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom