Suggestion Profiles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
cdiver2

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Reasons to fill in your profile. Most of my reading on the board is trip reports-dive locations and operators. After reading one I then go to the poster's profile to see what other place's they have dived this gives me an idea of what they are comparing this trip report too. It also helps if others know where most of your diving is done IE if I'm going up to the great lakes for a few days then I would like to get information from someone that dives all the time as opposed to someone that has done a dive there or heard from a third party.
If a member fills out a load of bull this will come out in time, so come on those that have not had time to do there profile make an effort know.

cdiver2:
After reading one I then go to the poster's profile to see what other place's they have dived this gives me an idea of what they are comparing this trip report too. It also helps if others know where most of your diving is done IE if I'm going up to the great lakes for a few days then I would like to get information from someone that dives all the time as opposed to someone that has done a dive there or heard from a third party.

Actually I would love to see dive logs online... I found MyDiveBook.com and have filled some of my dives in there, but more people (way more people) use ScubaBoard and I think it would be a great feature to add... not only see where people have been, but you'd be able to search a dive site and see what they have said about it.

(if there is that option here - dive logs - i havent seen it, so point me in the direction!)

Profiles are something we think are important and every attempt is made to push people towards filling them out (short of forcing them to). However, some people don't care to share their history, some don't want to while others never see the links or are afraid of privacy issues. You are welcome to encourage people yourself but please remember they may not want to for reasons that are their own. :)

There is no simple way to add dive logs to our site, the script is something we have considered in the past but it's never as simple as just wanting it (I wish). Given my current work load with just maintaining the site I'm not going to even promise to put it on the list, I'd like to have them online but who knows.

Tech Admin:
Profiles are something we think are important and every attempt is made to push people towards filling them out (short of forcing them to). However, some people don't care to share their history, some don't want to while others never see the links or are afraid of privacy issues. You are welcome to encourage people yourself but please remember they may not want to for reasons that are their own. :)

There is no simple way to add dive logs to our site, the script is something we have considered in the past but it's never as simple as just wanting it (I wish). Given my current work load with just maintaining the site I'm not going to even promise to put it on the list, I'd like to have them online but who knows.

I am not (I hope ) pushing more a nudge with an explanation of how it helps me.
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom