Profile with two deep points.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bartlomiej

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I know that profiles like saw are very disrecommended. I am wondering how should we plan to dive for visiting two wrecks during one dive.

Is my plan good or could I improve it?
  • start the first wreck at 40m
  • getting shallow to top of the wreck at 25m
  • swim on 25m about 10minutes to the second wreck
  • go to 40m
  • getting shallow to the top of the second wreck at 25
  • start decompression
  • upload_2021-9-17_17-12-9.png

I don't personally see that as a sawtooth profile and wouldn't anticipate any problems with it provided you are carrying enough gas to do the whole thing as planned, deco included, with enough left for emergencies. If you really want to do both wrecks on one dive, the benefit you'd derive by making a 10-minute swim at 25 m instead of on the bottom at 40 m probably negates any theoretical risk of the 15 m ascent mid-dive, especially if you're swimming vigorously.

Out of curiosity, how are you going to navigate your way to the second wreck? Is the visibility in the area that good, or is the bottom profile such that you can follow it?

Best regards,
DDM

I see no problem with the dive plan. It is rather like a cave dive that has a shallower segment at the distant point, at which one turns around, hits the deeper portion again, then surfaces with some deco. Lots of gas likely needed!

I agree with all the above. You should be OK with this.

You could definitely improve it, I would look at both wrecks to see which wreck I wish or need to go deepest on. Do you need to go to bottom on both or any of them for that matter. Are you saying there’s 15M wreck height.

So long as current is light and steady, and moving from wreck 1 to wreck 2.

I don't personally see that as a sawtooth profile and wouldn't anticipate any problems with it provided you are carrying enough gas to do the whole thing as planned, deco included, with enough left for emergencies. If you really want to do both wrecks on one dive, the benefit you'd derive by making a 10-minute swim at 25 m instead of on the bottom at 40 m probably negates any theoretical risk of the 15 m ascent mid-dive, especially if you're swimming vigorously.

Out of curiosity, how are you going to navigate your way to the second wreck? Is the visibility in the area that good, or is the bottom profile such that you can follow it?

Best regards,
DDM
This looks like wrecks on Malta. There are 3 and you also can do 3 in one dive if you carry a twin12, an ali80 with bottomgas and 1 decogas. The wrecks are easy to find, they are dropped for recreational divers, so officially no technical wrecks, stripped. The viz is good. They are just a few minutes swim away from each other. The Cominoland, Karwela and Xlendi. Only if you do a penetration of the Xlendi (is not recommended as the wreck is upside down, so you really need lines) you make it more technical. The other wrecks are penetrated by sportsdivers also. The only difference is that they go up early, but some divecenters also do there on a 15 liter tank some deco on the 'reefwall' near the entrance. It are shore dives.
But for technical divers, you can have 2 hours of fun and the deco on ean50 will be quite long, but you swim near the shore, so can look for nudibranches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom