Profile update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donooo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I just stumbled on this old thread, someone has brought it back to life.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/2294-cyclon-5000-jetstream.html

As you can see, or it looks to me, it shows me as a Divemaster in 2001, changed my location to Boise, which I just changed this evening and shows my posts as 440. Seems like all of the original data should remain. A history for some of us from dumb to smart or shy to arrogant. That might of been one of my first posts, now it looks like my last. All of the posts number at 440.

tnx don O

In fact, I posted this and the posts changed to 441

Every time you update anything in your profile, it's automatically changed in all of your previous posts. Changes in your SB Status also.

Your post count increments in all of your posts continuously as well.

There is no option within the .vBulletin software to archive the personal information of the poster as of the post date.

Well Steve, I guess that I see that. I have noticed it when I change signatures. Never noticed it in regards to the rest. Seems like re writing history, not quite right. Seems like leaving the posts original number makes sense also. I have no experience with .vBulletin, but as a "once upon a time" Systems Analyst I can tell you that it "should" be easy.
Original post #, original member status and location should all be easy. In fact, I'll bet it was more complicated to write the code that went back and changed/changes it.

adios don O

The vB code doesn't go back and changes it, it just retrieves the current user info from the database.

Not re-writing history. The original date of the post and post number in the thread stays the same. It's only your TOTAL number of posts that changes - it's a running total.

And YOU get to decide what you want people to see about you. Change the avatar, change the signature... you're not forever locked in.

Ok guys, I'll get over it. I just think that seeing my old thread, and the questions reminded me that I didn't live there, I wasn't a DM, and how few dives that I had.

I also think seeing that it was post #3 or #4 has more value then seeing that I now have # 423.
Yes re-writing history. To the new reader that question was from a dumb DM that lived in Boise in 2001.
Rick, now that you are a Aquaplenipotentiary, don't you remember all of those dry suit questions ? You are not the same diver that you used to be. Now you answer questions, you use to ask them.

adios don O

Rick, now that you are a Aquaplenipotentiary, don't you remember all of those dry suit questions ? You are not the same diver that you used to be. Now you answer questions, you use to ask them.

adios don O
Oh, I still ask a lot of dumb questions. :D

Hi there
How can I get my profile picture to come out next to my name on my posts?

You may want to resize it first. I think the maximum size is 150x150 pixels.
That depends on your user group.

If the pic is not too large, it will be resized automatically. :)

Back
Top Bottom