Professional Liability Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in Canada, and my insurance is through Barton. If you visit the website at www.barton.ca and go through the application process, it gives you info on costs for Instructor, AI, DM, non-teaching instructor, retired instructor and DM/AI Assisting only categories.

NOTE these are Canadian dollars, for PADI.

Figuring on a difference, what are the rate % increases Tech/Rec? Is the difference worth the reward? Or is it like ALL teaching positions, NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY? But, because this is what you love to do.

Dive safe/Train hard,
Joe

Heck, I AM IN IT FOR THE MONEY. My instructor drives a Yugo because she keeps all of her SCUBA moola under the mattress (wink, grin).

I just dont want to get fleeced more than I have already.

There is a very cool guy/instructor that negotiated a sweet deal for occasional DMs and instructors. His name is CowboyNeal here on SB.

I will do a search later as I am running out to work and post it here. Pros helping Pros, now that is something I can get behind.

Great Thursday to all,

Tevis

For Instructor insurance I pay: $487 through Witherspoon.

El Orans:

Good read on an interesting project....how'd that work out for them and what was the individual buy in cost?

I guess I'm looking more for $$ figures from the common sources DM's and Instructors here in the states pay. I'd lust like to have the "seed sown" so to speak, before I get sticker shock when it comes time to pay my dues and purchase insurance.

El Orans:
Too late.

Thanks El, I have traded PM's with Neal and the enrollment period is May'ish. From what I have heard it is a 1/3rd to 1/2 less expensive for the same insurance.

This is the best and brightest of SB. . .divers helping divers.

Tevis

Back
Top Bottom