Products that WORK! How's that for refreshing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl

Cupcake, Queen of Dorks
Reaction score
Off the road for good in April '08 and at home in
# of dives
100 - 199
I've found a few things lately that actually seem to do what they claim to do! Wondered if anyone else has any products they recommend.

Smart Mouth (24 hour Fresh Breath)
Product says it will begin to work in two weeks- and it costs about $10 for a two-weeks supply. I've used it for more than two weeks and I'd still be on my first purchase if I hadn't spilled out one of the bottles (it comes with two pumps and you mix the two together in a little cup before swishing it). I think one purchase will last me about a month- only squirt 3 times from each bottle instead of the recommended 4 times. Rebel.

CLC Check-Inn card (www.checkincard.com)
We rarely get hotel rooms, but when we do, these guys have saved us a bunch of money. One hotel room was priced $100 regularly and we got it for $30. They add $5 per night to your charges (included in the quoted rate) and you get a corporate-style discount. Great for those of us who don't have the big guns on our side!

Scar Zone (vs. Mederma which did nothing for me)
I have a scar from a Ferrari tail pipe. No real story to tell there- we haul cars, we picked up a Ferrari in July in LA and it was hot. I was tying down a rear wheel and got a little too close (tsssss- that's the actual sound it made). I did nothing about it for a few months and then tried Mederma for a while. Nothing seemed to change. My mom used Scar Zone following both knee replacement surgeries so I tried that. The scar is still there, but noticeably (to me, at least) lighter.

Oxyclean. I can't vouch for the knockoffs, but the real thing will get blood, wine, coffee, tea, and most other organic stains out of your clothing and carpet. Yes, I am ashamed, but I fell for an infommercial! Now available in most grocery stores.

Well... this one didn't take off... but you can't win 'em all!

The Suave "professionals" shampoo/conditional/product line! They rock!

Adidas Cotton-tech "aluminum free" antiperspirant! You have to use it a little more frequently but it works great and I SWEAR I don't have brain farts as often
**(readers note: aluminum supposedly has a co-relation of some sort to alzheimers. Thus, when I started noticing periods where I would get confused for lack of a better explanation- I swear, er-, ecky-, R-Joe and the rest of you... if you comment...BAM: straight to the moon!- I decided to quit the aluminum-based anti-perspirants and move to the salt rocks and whatever else I could finde- this cotton-tech is the BOMB though!)

"aluminum free" antiperspirant!

oh great, I have to get that.

I just bought one of those long dryer vent brushes, my first infomercial purchase!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom