ProDivers St. Kitts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dschonbrun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm in St. Kitts now, enjoying the sun and scuba. here's some info for people who wish to come to S.K. and Nevis.

I've enjoyed my time with Austin of Pro-Divers. He's the owner, and has been an instructor for 27 years. Austin takes a personal approach and makes sure you're enjoying yourself. He's also very flexible with times and is always happy to get wet, even if the boat isn't full. In fact, he and I went out alone today. This is a problem here... as many operators will not go out without less than 4 on the boat. I would recommend the Prodivers operation to anyone coming to the island. If you need equipment, The equipment he has is first rate, and well maintained. Austin is a dealer for several brands including Cressi and Scub-Pro.

A couple things about St Kitts:

First, their is over-fishing, as evidenced by the minimal schools of mature fish. They don't have a marine sanctuary, nor do they have dive-site bouys. Until the government decides to prioritize tourism over local fishing, this is not likely to change. Reef color is good with minimal bleaching. Water clarity is above average, about 60-70 feet in most places. Aquatic life is alright, but not nearly as good as bonaire, the Caymans, and other places that have wildlife sanctuaries.

Thanks for the info. What hotel are you staying in, and is it close to Pro Divers? As in walking distance?
How warm is the water? Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom