Procrastinating the packing.. Oh noes.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galactos

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have everything set to put away, but I just don't know where to start. Any tips??

Even the checklist from the forums which was great help as it is very thorough. <3

can't way for sunday... \o/

i like to start by grouping similar things together and getting that ready...

so start with toiletries for example and get all that packed up

then go do the scuba gear and get that organized

move on to tech/computer pile and get all the batteries, cables, laptops, etc.. ready

clothes, just lay it by day on what you need/want to bring

then look at all the piles you made and figure out how to shove it into suitcase(s) :)

Last edited:
I always start with the improtant stuff first in this case SCUBA gear was the first thing in, then clothes, most of my tech stuff will be going in the carry on, ect....

clothes, just lay it by day on what we'll need want

then look at all the piles you made and figure out how to shove it into suitcase(s) :)

Or in the case of a gal that always over packs clothes get to this point and then divide that pile in half and figure out how to put HALF in the suitcase! Sigh! I haven't even started to drag clothes out yet. I did get my laundry done though! :)

I wrote something up earlier, but of course I lost connection right when I submitted it.... so here goes attempt no. 2:

Pack it up like you're playing tetris.
Turn your underwear inside out so you get an extra day. (haha, ewwwwww gross, j/k)
Put small stuff inside your shoes/sneakers/boots (if your putting them in your luggage)
Fold shirts in half (like a 'hamburger' - not like a 'hotdog'), you'll free up a little more space and they won't get as wrinkly.
Put all liquids in a ziplock bag!!!!! At least one thing will usually ALWAYS leak!!
Pack light - then take even more out. I always seem to neglect this and always over-pack. I usually bring a few outfits to 'go out' in... but I'm getting the idea that this isn't all that necessary on this island.
Pack in order of importance. If need be, you can always buy some stuff on the island. (it's mexico, it's cheap!)
Stuff it all in there, then sit/stand/lay/jump on it to get it zipped up! Also remember that most suitcases have another zipper that allows you to extend it out a bit.

Good luck and godspeed!

I wrote something up earlier, but of course I lost connection right when I submitted it.... so here goes attempt no. 2:

Pack it up like you're playing tetris.
Turn your underwear inside out so you get an extra day. (haha, ewwwwww gross, j/k)
Put small stuff inside your shoes/sneakers/boots (if your putting them in your luggage)
Fold shirts in half (like a 'hamburger' - not like a 'hotdog'), you'll free up a little more space and they won't get as wrinkly.
Put all liquids in a ziplock bag!!!!! At least one thing will usually ALWAYS leak!!
Pack light - then take even more out. I always seem to neglect this and always over-pack. I usually bring a few outfits to 'go out' in... but I'm getting the idea that this isn't all that necessary on this island.
Pack in order of importance. If need be, you can always buy some stuff on the island. (it's mexico, it's cheap!)
Stuff it all in there, then sit/stand/lay/jump on it to get it zipped up! Also remember that most suitcases have another zipper that allows you to extend it out a bit.

Good luck and godspeed!

Lots of good advice here.

My plan:
BCD, fins, booties, wetsuit in checked luggage, with the usual shorts, t-shirts, underwear, socks, shoes, etc.
Camera set, reg set, computer, batteries, charger, logbook in carry-on.
Laptop, iPad, headphones, passports, travel and dive paperwork in backpack...

I'm so ready to go to Coz!

Ron

thats a good thing to point out...

don't forget your passport :) you can rent/buy/borrow just about everything else you would need on the island but not getting far without a passport heh

If you roll your clothes you be surprised by how much room you can save... just my $.02

My plan:
BCD, fins, booties, wetsuit in checked luggage, with the usual shorts, t-shirts, underwear, socks, shoes, etc.
Camera set, reg set, computer, batteries, charger, logbook in carry-on.
Laptop, iPad, headphones, passports, travel and dive paperwork in backpack...

this is what I did, As figured I could pack around the BC and Fins stick rolled socks in and under any empty space that the Fins or BCD made.

Also I would carry on your mask since I dont see that listed in your psot...

Back
Top Bottom