Problems with C-750?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwlast

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Recently purchased an Olympus C-750. Have yet to take it in the water (currently diving with a C-5050). Have noticed a "problem" with the camera when taking land shots. Nice feature on the camera is the 10x optical zoom, however in the Fulltime Autofocus mode, fully zoomed out, I 've noticed Autofocus tends to 'break lock" and hunt for the correct focus. Sometimes it would find it, sometimes it wouldn't. For example, standing on a hill yesterday shooting pictures of surfers off in the distance, the camera just couldn't find the correct focus. Would focus, then break lock, refocus, break lock, etc. Seems to be constantly hunting for the correct exposure. Doesn't seem to be an issue when fully zooming in on close objects (a mailbox at the end of a short drive way).

Also most photos (in the Program mode) appear either over exposed or under exposed, rarely properly exposed. Not a problem with the C-5050, not use to using the C-750.

Any body got any experience with this camera had any of the same problems? Or is this just "normal" for the camera?

Thanks
JT

JT,

I've only used the 10X zoom a little. Same as you - trying to shoot surfers. I'm not sure whether I experienced the same problem. I've resigned myself to using the C-750 for UW only. Still using the Sony F707 for "dry" photography.

Sorry dude. I'll play with mine and let you know...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom