Problem with trim, "heavy head"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just going to reiterate the advice you've already been given in this thread. The first time I was in doubles, they hung me on my head. You'll likely have to play around with your configuration a bit (moving the plate or wing to a different hole, etc.). At the end of the day, however, I think you'll find that some practice and time in the water with them will solve the problem.

I don’t think they are but I could be mistaken

I doubt they are, but I would be shocked if they are and it's any significant amount (more negative than the F1s).

I'll see if I can find my luggage scale and give you numbers. I perceive them (Turtles) to be heavier...

I am astonished to find the manufacturer's data and the F1's are in fact heavier..... the certainly do not feel that way for me when diving them...

I am astonished to find the manufacturer's data and the F1's are in fact heavier..... the certainly do not feel that way for me when diving them...

You keep saying heavier. Do you really mean heavier? Because that is pretty irrelevant. What is relevant (to this thread) is which ones are more negative in water. 5 pounds of styrofoam is heavier than 3 pounds of lead....

I weighed my F1s (size XL) in fresh water. They are right at 2# negative (for the pair). But, they are 7 or 8 # of mass.

You keep saying heavier. Do you really mean heavier? Because that is pretty irrelevant. What is relevant (to this thread) is which ones are more negative in water. 5 pounds of styrofoam is heavier than 3 pounds of lead....

I weighed my F1s (size XL) in fresh water. They are right at 2# negative (for the pair). But, they are 7 or 8 # of mass.

True in terminology, and weight in air is irrelevant...

I honestly feel (again my perception never having done any measurements) they are more negative in water.....

True in terminology, and weight in air is irrelevant...

I honestly feel (again my perception never having done any measurements) they are more negative in water.....

I am always interested in adding data to my memory banks on fin buoyancy. So disappointing that almost no manufacturer provides this data.

If you have a chance to weigh the Turtles in fresh water, I'd be happy to hear what they are. I used an inexpensive digital luggage scale to weigh all my fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom