Problem with Sunray 2000s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Highliner

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
My Sunray 2000s turn off on there own. Every time I use them they turn off with out warning. Sometimes one, sometimes the other. These have newer batteries(6 mo ago) and doesn't seem to matter which battery is in which pod. The batteries have bee changed in the handles and did not make a difference. Any advice. I'm pulling my hair out over this! Thanks

With the lights switched on, try moving the cable near the battery end. If the lights flicker or just switch on and off the E/O or wet connect cable is faulty. I have had this problem with my Sola 1000 lights. If this is the problem you might not like the fix

Scuba100: I'm having that problem with my Sunray2000 lights. Likewise, I found that one of the wires was not properly crimpted into the pin at the battery end of the cable. I've sent a message to L&M, but am not optimistic on their reply. I was also just on a dive trip in which 4 out of 5 of their superbright dive lights failed for people on our boat. I've had L&M products for years', but must honestly say that it's the most overpriced and poorly engineered electronics on this planet. Their stuff is simply awful.

My lights were sent back to L&M about a year ago. I still haven't got them back. The local supplier ended up sending me his lights to use on a trip. I haven't returned them and he is not getting until I get mine back. Only problem is his lights have the same fault as mine. So now I am looking at replacing the power cables myself, its just that L&M seem to have had a thin custom cable made (cause of the problem) while the replacement cable from the manufacturer is actually nearly twice as thick and actually more sturdy. So apart from that and the fact that the charger died at 18 months young, and again L&M not willing to help out I replaced it with a third party charger.

I was silly enough to buy their new Sola 1200 Video lights. So far I found that battery life is too short. Also the slide switch doesn't work well below 50meters/ 160ft. So the next purchase was going to be their 4000 if these worked out well but don't think I will go there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom