Problem with Puck Pro battery change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CJS

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I swapped out the battery on my wife's Puck Pro but when the new battery goes in, after it does the count down it just starts continually beeping and displaying depth of 576 and av depth of 56.5 on the top row. I thought I might be doing something wrong in screwing the back on, but it does it whether the back is on or not. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or why it would do that?

Have you tried pulling the new battery back out and putting it back in?

If that does not work, then perhaps your computer has a depth sensor that is failing/failed.

-Z

Have you tried pulling the new battery back out and putting it back in?

If that does not work, then perhaps your computer has a depth sensor that is failing/failed.

-Z
Yes, I've tried that. Looking at the manual online, flashing depth and MOD on the top line seems to be the alarm for MOD/ppo2 warning, which does suggest a problem with the depth sensor. It was only a cheap dive computer, but I'm a bit bummed it only lasted a few years, especially given she doesn't do all that much diving. I'm guessing that what they'd charge me to fix it is a good chunk of what I paid for it in the first place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom