Problem with Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Purchased two new Pro Plus 2's for my wife and I a few weeks ago for Cozumel dive trip. On the second dive I noticed that the display on mine was fading out in some spots. Once we surfaced the screen flashed quickly between the Fly and Sat screens and none of the buttons worked. Took the battery out thinking water may have entered but it was dry. I did let it dry out for a few days just in case. When I reinstalled the battery the screen seemed okay, no fading out, but none of the buttons worked. Had to use a rental reg setup for the rest of the trip. Kind of a bummer to spend all that money on a new setup so as to not have to use rental gear and end up renting gear anyway. BTW - My wife's PP2 worked great the whole trip. Is this minor service repair or do I need to send it back?

Looks like it could just be a bad unit. I would just take it back and exchange it for a new one from the place you bought it undere warranty. Its always a shame when it whas to ruin the trip......Hope you had a great trip :wink:

I agree with Dive Right In Scuba must just be a bad unit. I've been using a Pro Plus 2 for a couple of years and I love it and have had no problems. Sorry that it affected your trip.

Back
Top Bottom