Problem with Mares Mission 3 console leaking from HP!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPENDERGRAST

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a brand new Mares Mission 3 Console which is leaking air from the HP port when I hook up the tank. I'm not using Nitrox, and have it tightened as tight as I possibly can- which is very very snug. I have some pure silicone grease, but I'm leary of using that since it states that it shouldn't be required. Any thoughts? I haven't contacted Mares yet, but I might have to.

The reg setup includes

Oceanic Alpha 8 PX3 w/ DVT 1st & 2nd stage
Oceanic Swivel Octo
Mares Mission 3 Console

I have a brand new Mares Mission 3 Console which is leaking air from the HP port when I hook up the tank. I'm not using Nitrox, and have it tightened as tight as I possibly can- which is very very snug. I have some pure silicone grease, but I'm leary of using that since it states that it shouldn't be required. Any thoughts? I haven't contacted Mares yet, but I might have to.

The reg setup includes

Oceanic Alpha 8 PX3 w/ DVT 1st & 2nd stage
Oceanic Swivel Octo
Mares Mission 3 Console

First...Never tighten a hose in such a fashion as it is made from brass. A hose would never need more than a few pounds of torque for proper attachment. A good rule of thumb is to tighten it up until you feel the metal surfaces of the hose and reg body touch each other. Then, take a proper fitting wrench and turn it about the same amount as a clock hand moves from 12 to 1.

Second...The O-ring is what creates the seal. Chances are the O-ring is damaged. After such tightening, it most likely is now. Remove the hose, and wipe the threads clean with a lint free cloth or paper towel. Take the O-ring off with either a brass pick or even a toothpick. Replace the O-ring and try it again. If it still leaks, then either the HP port on the first stage body is damaged, or the HP hose end.

Greg Barlow

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom