Problem switching gas in Subsurface 4.5.3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mddolson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
New user here.
I'm on windows 7 , 64bit professional.
I have dives imported from DM3 & downloaded from Suunto D9.
I added the extra tank & set O2 % (EAN 50)
When I edit the dive the profile at 70 ft (right click) shows the new gas & adds a second gas consumption graph line, but when I click :" accept change" the new gas used disappears & the profile reverts back to original.

Mike D

Retried last night & it seems I have to leave the gas switch on the profile for 30 seconds or so before the program will accept the change.

Here is a workaround. Click at the apply changes right after you create the new cylinder. Then you can add the gas change to the profile normally.

Thanks Bro.

Mike D

For some reason it's finicky.
I have added the cylinder, 50EAN, start & end pressure. Select Accept Changes, then save the file.
I edit the profile , right click at the depth & select EAN 50.
If I click select change, the profile reverts back to single gas.
If I wait 20-30 seconds & click accept, it takes it.

What do you mean by "edit the profile" and "click select change"? If I understand your reproduction steps correctly this works on my Linux box, but I am not at all sure I am doing the same steps you describe. I suppose I'll need to find a Windows box to try it on and see if I can reproduce the problem there.

Sorry for confusion Bro. I'm in Windows 7 64 bit prof.
To clarify, I have edited the dive, added EAN 50 tank & accepted change. Saved file.
Next I edit the profile to switch tanks at 70 ft, all looks good. But then when I select "Accept Change" the profile reverts back to the single tank previous (prior to edit).
If I wait for 20-30 seconds & click accept changes, it takes it.

When I attempt the same, I do not get any confirmation possibility after setting the gas switch. And this seems to be working properly.
- Select a downloaded dive
- Add cylinder with type and start & end pressures and EAN50
- Accept changes
- Right click on profile and select the appropriate gas under the gas change

I tested this also on a Windows 7 box and just cannot repeat what you describe. (Of course it is hard to see how someone does this differently as I have my trusted work flow, and that affects my thinking...)

Your work flow is exactly the same as mine.
All is good to that point, but I must wait 20-30 seconds after selecting the gas change, before clicking accept change, or I loose the gas switch in the profile. Hence my "Finicky" comment.
I'm on 64 bit windows 7 pro btw.

Where do you get the "accept change" button? I do not have it if I only add a gas changes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom