Problem sizing OMS slipstreams

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilipS

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want to purchase a pair of OMS Slipstreams with spring straps. I cannot find a sizing chart anywhere, used to be one on the OMS website but it appears the company has been acquired and their website is 80% non functioning.

I wear a size 13 Aqualung Ergo bootie and am located in Thailand so probably need to purchase here due to strict import regulations. Any suggestions appreciated!

Two thoughts, their website says the new product lineup will be coming out soon; have you sent them an email? Second, if you are buying locally why can you not try them on in store?

Thanks for the quick response. No, I will try to email them. Where did you see the notification about new products line? None of the dive shops around Krabi stock OMS fins and very limited product selection in general. But, of course, they will order.

On the main page, under the Q&A:

"I heard that DUI bought OMS? We are very excited to have acquired OMS with our European partner, BtS. In the next couple of months, we will be streamlining the product offering. We will be launching the new product line in early 2015."

My assumption is that they probably removed all the product info while the "streamlining" was in progress. The manuals are still up, but nothing for fin sizing.

There are some threads with sizing questions here that might help, if you do a thread search, but I would personally email them as well.

Good luck.

---------- Post added February 17th, 2015 at 01:31 AM ----------

Actually just noticed this bit too:

"Backorders? All open orders have been cancelled as there is no inventory to fulfill these orders"

You may be SOL until the new line is released, and perhaps have a wait once it is due to potential pent up demand, based on your indication that in country supply depends on demand before ordering.

There price list shows an effective date of March 31, 2015 so maybe that is the launch date. The MSRP is $130 which seems high, didn't they used to sell for around $60? I would wait to let others purchase first to see if it is the same fin or if they changed the materials. There are some updates on Facebook.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom