Problem posting to forums with IE7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UndrWatrDan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am having problems posting to forums using IE 7. When I click on "Post New Thread", I get the following message and no editing ability with just blank space below.

Post New Thread
Forum: Trips and Marketplace: Shore based group trips and Dive Trips

If I use Firefox, I can post with no problem. I have attached a screenshot of what I get with IE 7.

scubaboard.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
There's an incompatibility issue (obviously) with the board and IE7. I'm not sure if it's just SB or all .vBulletin 4.1 (the forum s/w) installations.

We suggest using IE8 or above, Firefox 3.x or above or Chrome. There also seems to be issues with Firefox 2.0.

At the very bottom of the screen is there a horizontal scroll bar in IE7? If so you may find the Post New button about 1/2 way in the middle of the "2nd" screen. Obviously not a workable solution. Most users who have upgraded to IE8 seem to have no issues.

I don't have IE7 but IE8 works for me correctly on an XP machine. IIRC it really is almost functionally the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom