Problem Photos at the Caymans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mgnau

Registered
Reaction score
I just returned from the Caymans (Cayman Diver Lodge - East End) with tons of pictures. The pictures were taken with Olympus 3030Z and PT010 Housing.
The problem I'm having is color. Most photos seems bland. Little or no colors at all. Not what I saw. Are there editing tools I can use to brighten pictures? Of the 200 or so pictures only a hand full seem to have the correct color content. The good news is no leaks and great diving. :crafty:

Next time you may want to invest in a digital strobe. They are fairly expensive but if you are going to travel all that way it may be worth it to get colourful pictures. The difference when I started using strobes with my film camera was night and day!

Check out Sea & Sea strobes
http://www.seaandsea.com/

Try to stay close to your subjects also (less than 5ft)....

Post some pics and lets see what we can do to them in photoshop.

Yep, head into your photo software. Check out Saturation, Levels and Curves (photoshop, but I am sure others have similar). I have recently found that heading into curves and clicking my grey eyedropper results in a very quick, very effective fix for quite a few things...I have found it a great start point.

If you want, post one and some I am sure will have a go for you and let you know what they did...it's a great way to learn!

Back
Top Bottom