Problem entering MMSI number

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulsterkiwi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently bought a lifeline here in New Zealand.
I obtained an MSSI from the source provided by the retailer. (at an additional cost of $55 to the unit)
I followed the instructions included with the unit to set up, register the unit with Nautilus and programme the MSSI.
After clicking the Advanced tab I see the field where the MSSI should be entered. I can delete the default 000000 but my keyboard refuses to enter anything in that field.
I tried reconnecting the device and rerunning the software. The registration dialogue ran again (????????) but the same result occurred.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance

EDIT I should mention that the MSSI provided by NZ coastguard is in the following format ABC1234, I can enter numbers but not alpha characters and the 4 numeric characters are not accepted by the software, it requires 9

Last edited:
Hi Ulsterkiwi, thank you for the question.

Please ensure that you have completed the registration form. If it is still popping up when you connect your lifeline to the software, then that indicates that the registration did not go through.

If you could please tell me the serial number of your lifeline (starts with NL), then I can check your registration in our database.

As far as the MMSI number, it should be 9 digits (all numbers, not letters). If you could send us an email at info@nautiluslifeline.com, we can more easily help you with this problem.

Sincerely,
The Lifeline Team

thank you to the Lifeline team for your response.
I followed up with NZ Coastguard. It seems what I was given was a VHF callsign. There is no separate online form as yet for these devices so under our legislation for operating VHF devices we must register as a "vessel" :)
They are aware of this and I should have been issued with a 9 digit MMSI number at the same time but there was a new administrative person who processed my application and they were not aware of this.
After a five minute phone call, I now have my MMSI number, its programmed into the unit and the registration process seems to have been content with two iterations of my details, I now have 2 email confirmations of registration!

Thank you again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom